Federation of Organizations is seeking a Peer Counselor for the Educator for the Community Oriented Recovery & Empowerment Program.
LOCATION: position requires traveling in the field
REPORTS TO: Program Manager of Community Services
HOURS: Part Time or Full Time hours available
PAY: $17.50 Hourly
Minimum High School Diploma, Peer Certification, experience serving people with mental illness, developmental disabilities or alcoholism or substance use. Clean, valid NYS Driver’s License preferred. Fingerprinting, criminal record check, approval from NYS Office of Mental Health.
ProvideServices to Medicaid beneficiaries with mental illness and/or substance use disorders to receive services in their own home or community. Help members prevent and manage chronic health conditions and recovery from serious mental illness and substance use disorder. Provide services that support the acquisition for living, employment, and social skills and be offered in home and community based setting that promote hope and encourage to individuals. Link and accompany individuals to needed social services and community resources as necessary to facilitate their recovery goals.
We Offer a wide range of rewarding employment opportunities along with a generous benefits package. We offer the following to eligible Employees
- Generous Paid Time Off for Full-time and Eligible Part-Time Employees
- 13 paid Holidays for Full-time and Eligible Part-Time Employees
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision
- Retirement 401K Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Long and Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- CALM App Subscription
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Career Growth & Promotional Opportunities
- Comprehensive Paid Training
- Supplemental Accident, Illness and Hospitalization Insurance
- Encourage Education Professional Advancement
- Employee Perks & Discounts on Broadway shows, theme parks, and other attractions
- Eligibility for Federal/Public Loan Forgiveness
Federation of Organizations provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.