Federation of Organizations is seeking a Full-Time Employment Specialist to work in the Supported Employment Program.
REPORTS TO: POWER Supervisor/ Senior Employment Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Supported Employment
HOURS: 35 hours per week
Clean N.Y. State Driver’s license. Fingerprinting, approval from NYS Office of Mental Health, Suitable Determination clearance from Social Security, and all clearances from the Justice Center.
Provide vocational skill development, support, and job placement assistance, resume writing to individuals who are homeless, in danger of becoming homeless, or who have a history of homelessness and have a mental health condition. Provide information, assistance and referrals to people who are homeless and in recovery from mental illness and/or co-occurring disorders. Work with the Outreach Team to conduct street outreach, assist in the food pantry and in developing activities and running an employment group during the Wednesday Evening Social.
We Offer a wide range of rewarding employment opportunities along with a generous benefits package. We offer the following to eligible Employees
- Generous Paid Time Off for Full-time and Eligible Part-Time Employees
- 13 paid Holidays for Full-time and Eligible Part-Time Employees
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision
- Retirement 401K Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Long and Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- CALM App Subscription
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Career Growth & Promotional Opportunities
- Comprehensive Paid Training
- Supplemental Accident, Illness and Hospitalization Insurance
- Encourage Education Professional Advancement
- Employee Perks & Discounts on Broadway shows, theme parks, and other attractions
- Eligibility for Federal/Public Loan Forgiveness
Federation of Organizations provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.