Town of Brookhaven Residents!
Have you been impacted by the pandemic?
Federation ERAP may be able to help!
If you are behind on your rent or utilities, you may be entitled to funding through the United States Treasury Department
Through the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP), Federation helps residents living in the Town of Brookhaven who are behind on their rent, who have experienced financial hardship due to the pandemic and may be at risk for homelessness. ERAP provides significant economic relief to low and moderate income households by providing rental arrears, temporary rental assistance, and utility arrears assistance.
Households approved for ERAP may receive up to 12 months of past due rent and up to 3 months of future rent, as well as up to 12 months of past due utility bills.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Households with a gross income at or below 80% of area median income
Arrears must have occurred after March 13, 2020
Member of the household received unemployment benefits or experienced a reduction income directly or indirectly due to the pandemic
Landlords are eligible too!
All applications will be processed on a first come, first served basis as long as funds remain available. Federation staff can help you prepare and submit your application but will be required to provide the following documentation
- Personal ID – License, Passport, birth certificate, etc. of individuals residing in the home
- Proof of Rental Amount
- Proof of Residency and Occupancy
- Proof of Utility Arrears – if applying for utility assistance
- Executed Lease – lease or proof of rent through last monthly payment received from tenant
- Documentation of Rent Due – arrears ledger or attestation on application