REPORTS TO: Team Leader
DEPARTMENT: ACT (Assertive Community Treatment)
Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse by the New York State Education Department. Valid and clean NY State driver license. Minimum of 1 year of experience in a treatment or rehabilitation setting. Fingerprinting, criminal record check, approval from NYS Office of Mental Health.
JOB FUNCTION: Provides management and administration of medications, in conjunction with the psychiatrist, as a member of a mobile, multidisciplinary treatment team for persons with severe mental illness and forensic involvement.
- Responsible for conducting mental status exams.
- Assesses physical health needs.
- Makes appropriate referrals to community physicians.
- Provides management and administration of medications in conjunction with psychiatrist.
- Participates on team that delivers an integrated array of treatment, rehabilitation and support services, customized to each person. Shares in the joint responsibility for integrated plan. Participates in team interactions producing regular ongoing transfer of information and skills.
- Provides the majority of services in community. Participates in rotating 24-hour crisis coverage and response.
- Comply with agency Compliance Plan and False Claims Policy by preventing, detecting and reporting any potential healthcare abuse and fraud. Report any potential non-compliance and comply with all other federal, state and local regulations applicable to this job description.
- Utilize all agency based IT applications pertaining to this job description in a proficient manner.
- Remain current on changing developments in individual field of expertise.
- Perform all other job duties as assigned.
We Offer a wide range of rewarding employment opportunities along with a generous benefits package. We offer: Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision, Retirement and 401K Savings Plan. Generous Paid Time Off for full-time and eligible part-time employees. Flexible Work Schedules. Career Growth. Comprehensive Training. Flexible Spending Accounts. Long and Short Term Disability. Life Insurance. (EAP) Employee Assistance program. Discounts & Perks on Broadway shows, theme parks, hotels, car rentals and other attractions
Federation of Organizations provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.