JOB TITLE: Part-time Outreach Counselor
REPORTS TO: Program Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: POWER Program
HOURS: 12-19 hours per week
QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or equivalent. Individual must have personal experience with a mental health condition. Clean valid N.Y. State driver’s license. Peer Certification preferred. Fingerprinting, criminal record check and all necessary clearances from the Justice Center.
JOB FUNCTION: Provide information and assistance to people who are experiencing homelessness and have a mental health condition and/or co-occurring disorder. Provide outreach, referrals, peer support and advocacy to individuals in need. Conduct street outreach, work in the food pantry and assist in developing activities for the Wednesday Evening Social.
- Provide outreach, information and referrals to those experiencing homelessness with a mental health condition and/or co-occurring disorder.
- Provide one on one peer support and advocacy to those in need.
- Assist the team in enrolling clients.
- Provide services each month to client during outreach. This includes community mental health, screenings, clinical assessments, housing determination eligibility, case management, re-engagement and habilitation/rehabilitation services.
- Provide referrals each month to outreach and programs. This includes community mental health, substance use, primary health, temporary and permanent housing, employment, income, and medical insurance.
- Responsible to follow-up and accurately track attainments in Foothold.
- Accompany clients to appointments to provide hands-on assistance and advocate for appropriate services.
- Network with community resources including social security, social services, housing providers and mental health and substance use providers.
We Offer a wide range of rewarding employment opportunities along with a generous benefits package. We offer: Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision, Retirement and 401K Savings Plan. Generous Paid Time Off for full-time and eligible part-time employees. Flexible Work Schedules. Career Growth. Comprehensive Training. Flexible Spending Accounts. Long and Short Term Disability. Life Insurance. (EAP) Employee Assistance program. Discounts & Perks on Broadway shows, theme parks, hotels, car rentals and other attractions
Federation of Organizations provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.