REPORTS TO: Team Leader
DEPARTMENT: Clinical Services
HOURS: PT – 21 Hours
Currently licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse by the New York State Education Department. A valid and clean NY State driver license. Minimum 1 year of experience in a treatment or rehabilitation setting preferred. Fingerprinting, criminal record check, approval from NYS Office of Mental Health.
Provide management and administration of medications, in conjunction with the psychiatrist, NPP and registered nurse as a member of a mobile, multidisciplinary treatment team for persons with severe and persistent mental illness. Ensure medical standards as per program regulations are being provided.
- Responsible for medication management, education and administration
- Work with clients to develop an understanding of their symptoms and medications
- Monitor for side effects
- Administer IMs as needed
- Responsible to attend assigned meetings
- Daily team meetings and staff meetings
- Participate in hospital discharge planning meetings and assist in the follow up of medical treatment post hospitalization or ER visits
- Responsible to conduct all assigned visits
- Provide transportation when applicable
- Acquire discharge paperwork from hospitals and provide copies to team leader, prescribers, and program assistants
- Update Outlook calendar to reflect locations of visits
- Complete and submit travel expense
- Appropriately use the agency vehicle and communicate any issues to the Team Leader
- Responsible to oversee the accurate completion of all documentaion
- Progress Notes for every session, phone call, collateral contact to be completed within 48 hours of contact and collaboratively with the client when applicable.
- Maintain compliance with incident reporting guidelines
- Report all incidents in a timely manor
- Responsible to comply with agency Compliance Plan and False Claims Policy by preventing, detecting and reporting any potential healthcare abuse and fraud. Report any potential non-compliance and comply with all other federal, state and local regulations applicable to this job description.
- Responsible for proficiency in all agency based IT applications
- Complete documentation in Foothold Awards EHR
- Complete agency training via KMS and ADP
- Provide education to clients and staff regarding standards of medical care
- Provide linkages to appropriate medical care providers when applicable
- Responsible to perform all other job duties as assigned.
We Offer a wide range of rewarding employment opportunities along with a generous benefits package. We offer: Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision, Retirement and 401K Savings Plan. Generous Paid Time Off for full-time and eligible part-time employees. Flexible Work Schedules. Career Growth. Comprehensive Training. Flexible Spending Accounts. Long and Short Term Disability. Life Insurance. (EAP) Employee Assistance program. Discounts & Perks on Broadway shows, theme parks, hotels, car rentals and other attractions
Federation of Organizations provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.