JOB TITLE: Billing Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Billing Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Finance and Accounting
HOURS: 35 Hours/Week 9am-5pm – West Babylon location
QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma, 1 year data entry experience a must
Basic bookkeeping knowledge preferred. Must be expedient and accurate. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Receive monthly reports from the care coordination program. Enter into the FundE-Z billing software
- When payment is received from the lead health homes, the remittance data is downloaded from the relevant provider portals and invoices are marked as paid to reconcile the remittance.
- Post invoices and reconciliations by way of journal entries to the general ledger. Reconcile the general ledger to the FundE-Z aging on a regular basis
- Send aging reports to the care coordination program on a monthly-basis.
- Mark any open unpaid invoices as closed upon approval of the Associate Director or Director of Health Home programs.
- All billing department scanning and digital filing
- Act as liaison for the Account Receivable Department with assigned programs.
- Comply with agency Compliance Plan and False Claims Policy by preventing, detecting and reporting any potential healthcare abuse and fraud. Report any potential non-compliance and comply with all other federal, state and local regulations applicable to this job description.
- Utilize all agency based IT applications pertaining to this job description in a proficient manner.
- Remain current on changing developments in individual field of expertise.
- Perform all other duties assigned
We Offer a wide range of rewarding employment opportunities along with a generous benefits package. We offer: Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision, Retirement and 401K Savings Plan. Generous Paid Time Off for full-time and eligible part-time employees. Flexible Work Schedules. Career Growth. Comprehensive Training. Flexible Spending Accounts. Long and Short Term Disability. Life Insurance. (EAP) Employee Assistance program. Discounts & Perks on Broadway shows, theme parks, hotels, car rentals and other attractions
Federation of Organizations provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.